Rallarvegen Package with Highland Lodge
Experience the beautiful Rallarvegen, and combine with a stay at Geilo!
The package includes:
- Accomodation min 1 night incl breakfast at Highland Lodge.
- Bike Rental 1 day incl transport for the bike (helmet is not included)
NB! Train ticket is not included and has to be bought at www.vy.no
Rallarvegen, following the outskirts of the Hardangervidda Plateau,
leads you along the Bergen Railway Line from Haugastøl via Finse, Hallingskeid,
Myrdal and down to Flåm.The road by itself is an attraction, but it also brings you through
a fantastic highland area starting at 1000 meters above sea level(a.s.l.), peaking at 1350 meters
for then to lead you back down to the fjords at sea level.
You will have to drive to Haugastøl to pick up your bike at Haugastøl Bike Rental. We will mention some alternative routes for you:
1. Bike from Haugastøl to Flåm. It will take approx 8-10 hours incl stops.
2. Take the train to Finse and bike back to Haugastøl. It will take approx 2-3 hours. Recomended trip for families with children under 12 years.
3. Take the train to Finse and bike to Flåm. It will take approx 5-6 hours.
4. Take the train to Hallingskeid and bike to Flåm. Good alternative if there is a lot of snow in the mountains. It will take approx 3 hours.
We recommend you to take a look at https://www.haugastol.no/en/rallarvegen-report
before you decide which route you choose. There is a lot of snow in the mountains this year.
The train from Haugastøl leaves at 09:18, and we reccomend to meet up 1 hour before for bike pick up.
The bike rental opens up at 07:30.
Remember that you have to book train tickets in advance, but transport for the bike is included
(only on the 09:18 train to Finse or Hallingskeid)
You can deliver the bike either at Flåm or in Haugastøl. The bike rental in Flåm is located between
the Railway station and Fretheim Hotel.
If you choose to go back to Geilo after the biketrip, the train leaves at 16:55 from Flåm,
and you will arrive at Geilo around 20:00.